Monday, June 1, 2009

The Results are in

And the potato bar and dessert auction was a HUGE HUGE HUGE success. Did I say HUGE? My cake went for 50 dollars and I think it could've gone for more but the flaw of it was that it was simply too much cake which not everybody loves and a lot of the others were fancy brownies, or cheescakes or eclairs but I was still happy with the result and people loved how it looked. Actually it was funny because the girl who bought it brought it back to my house at life group last night to share with the group and I was the one who got to cut it...but don't worry it was good. I would have been embarrased if it tasted bad. The highest selling dessert was served in a homemade beautiful bowl and went for $170. There were 3 people bidding on that and once 1 couple won it the man who made the bowl said he would make 2 others for the other bidders if they paid their last bidded price($165) and they agreed which was amazing of him.


Anyways, yesterday at the end of the fundraiser they wanted us to count the money before everybody left so me and carter piled it out of the jar and began to count, but it was so hard because there was so much of it and people kept handing us more so it kept confusing us. We only thought we would make 300-400 from this fundraiser and we thought that that would be great but when we added up the total we were AMAZED. The total we came up with was $1,600 and that isn't even the final total. Carter will count it up tomorrow and we estimate the final amount will be around $1,800. I cannot express in words how amazed and shocked and blessed we feel at that amount. The people at church yesterday were beyond generous and came through for the youth group and Beachfest in ways that I couldn't even imagine. It was also a big boost for Carter and my energy for the group after feeling the support from the church in this was.


Now here is the best part, we expected out of the 3 fundraiser we were going to have this summer to raise around $1,500. Since we've already surpassed that we will still be having the fundraisers but now we can afford to help out some kids for church camp with the leftover money and help build up the youth fund so we can do fun things with them.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are happy that your potato bar and dessert auction went so well. Do you have any idea how many people attended? $50.00 was good for your cake, but also think it should have gone for more. I bet you kind of hated to cut the cake after all the work you went to, but at least you got to taste it.
Love, Mema