Vacation Bible School was July 7-10th in the pm. I was in charge of it this year which was really nerve wracking and a lot of stress, especially since I set the dates of it a little over a week from us getting back from camp. Probably a bad idea but it had to be done! AFter begging for volunteers, a lot of stress, a few tears, and a lot of prayer VBS was a success!! I was thinking that I would be happy if we had like 15 kids, but we were prepared for 30. God answered us fully and we averaged about 30 kids every night. Total we had 37 register which was awesome!!! Our theme was Wildwood forest where we explored the "wild" side of God. We learned about the battle of Gideon on Tuesday night. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendego and the fiery furnace on Wednesday. And finally the birth of Jesus on Thursday. We had stations which was great. On friday we had closing assembly followed by a BBQ complete with a jump house. It was a great experience over all and now I'm better prepared for next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment