Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How Can a recap a week in one post??

Delano Bay Christian Camp turned out amazing!!! To explain it all would take days so I'm going to try to make a quick recap and then you can click on the below link to check out pictures on facebook which will be much faster then me posting them ALL here.

On Saturday was our river rafting trip which although the bus ride was eternally long, the rafting part was amazing and although my boat wasn't stacked with all the big people, and the girls didn't want to work too hard it turned out well. There was one rapid that wasn't too major so our guide told people that a few could ride the front of the boat while a few others could get in the water and ride them with their bodies. I was debating on getting in the water when I decided that you only live once so I jumped in and did the waves which was kinda like riding the ocean waves. The only problem was that my body was frozen numb halfway through even in my wet suit and then I had to swim back to the boat while they came to me, but with the current going the other way, the only problem was that although I was swimming my hardest I was only breaking even with the current and it felt like I would never get back to my boat.

During the week my co-counselor Elizabeth and I prayed that God would use us in whatever way he wanted and he answered that prayer less then 24 hours later. (note to self, whatch what you pray for). There was a big situation with one of the girls in our cabin that I got to deal with and help her find God for answers and thorough a lot of tears and prayers and me feeling inadequate enough to help her, he used me to help be a part of her baptism and acceptance of God's eternal love for her. It's just crazy to find how God works in your life and how that may have been part of my whole purpose for being at camp this week.

Dennis, the director of camp did a great job of keeping the camp both fun and spiritual and it was already an emotional week by wednesday. The kids really felt God moving in the camp and through them this week and it was a big inspiration that both Carter and I needed. The singing was so uplifting and being surrounded by godly, fun-loving, teens was something I wish I was surrounded by every day!

By Friday we were running low on sleep but we both got volunteered into helping with SEnior night which is an all night thing, so we didn't sleep at all on Friday which made cleaning day on Saturday so much worse for us and I tried my hardest not be grouchy and be helpful.

Anyways, go to the below link to see a bunch of pictures, around 77 to be exact!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2036605&id=168301063&l=5b6675ec14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and I enjoyed reading all about your camping experiences and looking at all your pictures. You are much braver than I, you would never catch me jumping out of the boat into that angry looking water.
Have a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Love, Mema