Tuesday, March 30, 2010

One yummy Cookie!!!

We have been having Wednesday night church for the teens at our apartment in hopes of drawing more teens. In addition to this I make it a point to have some sort of dessert to entice them further. Last wednesday I made Apple Cinnamon Chunkies and they were a huge success!! Carter especially loved them and he usually is a one cookie only kind of guy, he loves them so much that he had to throw them away on Monday so he would stop eating them every time he walked by.




Here is the Recipe

1 pkg (18 ounces) refrigerated oatmeal raisin cookie dough. {I made homemade oatmeal cookie dough because my picky hubby doesn't like raisins}

1 cup chopped dried apples


1/2 Cup cinnamon baking chips {These were really hard to find but oh so worth it, I finally found them at Albertsons, I never even knew there was such a thing!}

1/2 tsp apple pie spice *or substitute 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and pinch of allspice or cloves.



  1. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
  2. Combine dough, apples, cinnamon chips and apple pie spice in large bowl; beat until well blended. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets 2-3 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Cool completely
  4. Eat, enjoy, taste the deliciousness, and feel like it's kinda healthy since there are apples!

No comments: