Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"mmm good, what a yummy graham cracker"




This week in preschool we are talking about books and reading in honor of Read Across America day which is today, which is also Dr. Seuss' birthday. So, I've been having my kids make their own books. This consists of them illustrating pages and then dictating their story to me. Most of the kids just told me what they drew for the words like, "this is a cat on the bed" or "this is the yellow sun" but this one little girl had a full out plot (well as much as you can have for a 5 year old). So I thought I would share it with you and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.







I'm pretty sure the last page is my favorite part. I especially love it when she told me what to write and I have to keep a straight face while making sure that she wants that in her book. Especially the "mmm, that's good, what a yummy graham cracker" part. Gotta love the little guys!!

2 comments:

Scotty and Summer Roller said...

That is SOOO precious!!!! I love kids.
Summer

Sylvia said...

This is great writing...I can tell that your student has been read to a lot!!

Keep up the wonderful work, Sylvia Lamon,
Your Kindergarten Teacher