Friday, March 6, 2009

Hmmm....

Well what all is there to write about? I feel so bad that I haven't been updating more regularly but I always stop by here and intende to post something and then can't think of anything worthwhile. We're doing good here, I finally have a half job. I know I know, you're wondering what a half job is. Well there is a lady in the church here who does an after school program at the local elementary school and they call the program AFTER. Well anyways, she's been asking me ever since we first decided we were going to move here if I wanted to work with her but I kept turning her down because I needed something full time and defenitely more hours then the less then 20 I would do working for her. Well as time went on she filled my spot and I kept looking for a job desperately but last wednesday she approached me again saying a spot had opened up and she really wanted me to come work for her. She didn't have to ask me twice, hey I'm not stupid and a little bit of money is better then none at all. So now I'm making a little bit of money and am now seeking something part time to take up my morning hours but at least I have some money coming in which is a little bit of a relief for us because being "real people" is more expensive then we had thought!

This weekend Carter is away at a men's retreat so I'm enjoying life without him. It's been rather nice lounging around and reading without having someone pester me ; )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber & Carter,
I've just been looking at your new home and your new babies. They are both adorable. I like the bright colors, it makes the home look very cheerful! You'll have to post some more pictures now that you have your furnishings in place. My computer has been down for about a month or so because we're redoing our computer room. Initially, I thought it would be a couple of weeks before the room was complete and we reinstalled the computer. Well that is not the case, the carpet is on back order until the end of the month. Bummer! So yesterday we brought in our camping table and set the computer up on it. I have new office furniture out in our garage waiting to come in once the carpet is installed. I'm hoping it doesn't warp from the damp coldness of the garage. I'm happy to hear you have a part-time job, Amber. I'm sure something else, be it part or full-time will eventually turn up. Amber,I believe I mentioned to you at Christmas that Rod has a cousin that lives in Coos Bay. Even though Gaylene is quite a bit older than you, (maybe mid forties)I think the two of you could really connect and be friends. Gaylene is so sweet and of course so are you. I'm going to send her an email today with your phone number and address. I haven't emailed her in forever, so I hope the email address I have for her is still good. If not, I'll call Rod's mom and get Gaylene's phone numher from her. We may make a trip to Oregon sometime in April, and if we do I'd like to continue north to visit with you and Carter. If you and Gaylene haven't connected, maybe we could all get together and you could meet at that time. I changed internet providers, so please note my new email address is rkdo@att.net. Love and miss you, Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the honeymoon is over, if you enjoy a weekend by yourself. That is good that you found a part-time job, helps fill in the day and gives you a little more money. Talked to your Mom yesterday and she filled me in on what all is going on with her family and I also got to wish her a Happy Birthday as today is her Birthday. Be sure to keep posting on this sites, don't care what you say we all just enjoy hearing from you. Love to you and Carter, Mema