Saturday, January 5, 2008

Long overdue post...I know

So my computer was saved, but Carter lost all of his information on his computer from the past 3 1/2 years. He is handling it suprisingly well but then again he doesn't really care about stuff like that. I on the other hand would have been crying and freaking out, but that's just how I am.

Now I need to go back to the beginning of break and review all of the happenings. The thursday after finals I went home for a week and it was thoroughly enjoyed. It was fun getting to hang out with my family and just relax and sleep in a little bit. We also had a few functions with the church so I enjoyed seeing everybody from there as well. It was especially fun and weird seeing all the kids I babysat when they were babies who are now in the 2nd and 3rd grade, or the ones I haven't seen in a year so they are all so big. At home I enjoyed my dad's yummy dinners made especially at my request. My brother has also grown so much since the last time I saw him at our wedding. It was also fun having girl time with my mom and sister who I love so much. My mema and grandpa came down to see me and shan too and we always love spending time with them. Also, our house looks fabulous because I haven't seen it since it has wood floors and new paint on some of the walls. My last night there I got to open up some of my presents so I could pack them, including my new suitcases I had to use to get everything back to Oklahoma.


Our Beautiful Living Room at Home, I loved it!










While I was gone Carter spent a jillion hours working, and a lot of time sleeping.

I flew back in on Thursday and then on Friday night we drove to Austin, TX to spend Christmas with Carter's Grandma, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. Saturday morning I woke up early to attend Carter's Grandmas Personal Shower (she received lingerie) which was akward but not as bad as it could have been. Then we went back to the house and relaxed until it was crunch time to get everything loaded in the cars and head to the wedding location. The car trip should have normally been 30 minutes but because of traffic it took well over an hour to get there and Carter and his cousin had to turn around halfway there because his Grandma forgot one of her teeth on the bathroom counter and she wanted it for her wedding. So we figured the boys might be late no big deal, especially since they probably don't want to watch it anyways and Mamaw will have to live without her tooth. However as the 6:00 wedding time came close we realized that we didn't have the remote to the CD Player and that is the only way to operate it. We panicked as we tried to remember where it was and realized it was in Erics pocket (the cousin who was late with Carter). So we had to wait until about 6:10 when the boys showed up to start the ceremony so they could have music. Overall the wedding went well and the reception too, nothing too eventful there.


On Christmas eve we had the big dinner with all the yummy foods and Mamaws new husband's family came as well. Then we opened all our presents. I got a red peacoat that I really wanted, the hairspray soundtrack, and a book I wanted. I also took some presents from home for me to open to so that I wouldn't miss our christmas as much. Carter got a stack of 6 dvd's a Texas hat and a Dallas Cowboys over the years book with great photography.

On Christmas day we did nothing. We left early so we could beat the bad weather that was supposed to be coming into Oklahoma and drove home. However we did get locked out of our apartment that night as we went to find someplace open for Christmas and all our windows were locked. Usually we can get a Phase Manager to let us in but that week there was nobody on duty and security was no help at all so we were worried that we were going to have to find somewhere nearby to stay because we didn't even have our car keys. Luckily Carter decided to give our side window a try and managed to open it because apparently I only had locked one side of it. Unfortunately it was the most inconvenient window because our table is underneath it and it was full with our christmas tree and other stuff. While climbing through the window I luckily didn't break anything except my gingerbread house and it is definetly a memorable Christmas experience. Although we weren't home for Christmas and it didn't feel like Christmas because of the lack of festivities I know that it will be better next year!
Our Christmas Decorations, Notice the ugly fluff ball. Carter made it and he is so proud even though it is super ugly.
Our last week of break we have spent sleeping in and just relaxing as much as possible. For new year I made a turkey and we went to a friends house for games and bringing in the new year.

Well I know this was long but I just wanted to let you know what has been going on with us and we hope you all had a great holiday season as well!!

No comments: