Now what exactly does a Case manager do? Well we have Treatment Foster Homes where kids are in these foster homes either from their actual homes, or DHS has placed them there but they actually have goals and objectives and things they are working on that are usually behavior oriented. So, every day I'm in charge of checking in with the foster parents and documenting anything and everything they tell me. Did I mention documenting? Documenting is a HUGE part of this job because if I don't get it right then our program doesn't get it's money. And since we are not part of the government it is important that everything goes smooth.
Now what does a skills trainer do? Well I'm not 100% sure since I won't start that for a while but I think that I will be going to homes of families and working with kids that are in day treatment programs on certain skills to help their behaviors.
So, overall I'm excited and a little nervous since I'm it for the next 3 weeks I'm hoping that nothing too crazy happens. Annnddddd WOOHOOO I'm actually using my degree!!!!!!
When I went home this last weekend my mom and sister decorated a table and bought me some fun work stuff in celebration of my new job! I love them and they are awesome for it!!!
2 comments:
congratulations on the new job!! it feels good to use your degree :)
Thanks for filling us in on what you will be doing in your new job. Grandpa and I are so happy for you and know you will be perfect for this job. Best of luck we will be thinking of you. Love, Mema
Post a Comment