Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sunny Memorial Day

I Carried around my camera all weekend long and these are the only pics I took. Whoops!!


















This weekend was fun for us because if Clayton and Sarah (Carter's brother and his wife) hadn't come down it would have been just another boring weekend for us since we both always have Mondays off. They came up Saturday night after Sarah got off work and came to church with us on Sunday. After lunch we decided to go to the beach since it was gourgeous out and we crossed our fingers that it wasn't windy by the water (which it wasn't)!!! We rented a skim board because we thought that it would be fun not realizing how much skill it takes to stay on the stinkin thing and how much it hurts when you fall. If you don't know what a skim board is it is about 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide and when the tide recedes you throw it on the ground in a forward motion and try to ride it like a skateboard while it "skims" the sand. The boys had fun trying to stay on the thing but after Sarah and I watched their many falls and poor attempts we had all but chickened out on trying it. However after the boys encouraged us we both made half hearted attempts at it trying to do it but in slow motion (which doesn't work) so that we wouldn't fall and hurt ourselves. I made carter stand on the other side of the board so that if I started to fall I could lean on him instead of hitting the ground. Anyways, after we tired of that Sarah and I made a rock awesome sand castle and then we all played frisbee for quite a bit. By the time we got home we were tired and ready to settle down for a movie.

On Monday we went to Downtown Bandon which is the cute little section with shops down by the water and had a good time browsing. The 3 of them enjoyed their fish and chips from the blue hut while I enjoyed my chicken strips (I'm a party pooper I know). When we got back home the boys went to see terminator and Sarah and I decided to browse around Ross and Wal-Mart. We both wished we could buy things but had fun chatting and browsing none the less. When we all got back we played and intense game of "last word" and watched the show "The Newlyweds" which was actually pretty cute.

Clayton and Sarah left this morning and already our house is quiet without them. We enjoyed having them here and sharing our Memorial day adventures with them!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Those are great pictures! At least the ones you took were good. It sounds like a fun weekend.

Jacob and Amy Hall said...

I hope that you guys are having fun! We have missed you.You are in our prayers!!!