Friday, November 28, 2008

Whew I made it.


I had this crazy Idea that I wanted to go shopping this morning (Black Friday) so we could get the clothes we need while getting more bang for our buck. So after a lot of begging and convincing Carter of the geniousness of this plane he finally agreed and let me take 150 bucks with me.


The alarm clock went of this morning at 3:30 and I begrudgingly (sp?) rolled out of bed, got dressed, brushed my hair, and tried to look decent. I got into more car and happily turned on the Christmas music and journeyed down the dark empty streets until I pulled into the very full parking lot of Kohls. When the doors opened at 4 I worked my way in and proceeded to shop for stuff for us, and try things on for the next hour. Well that was my mistake, I should have gone in and out but that doesn't work so well for me. By the time I got in line at 5:15 I knew it was going to be awhile because the line wrapped all the way around to the back of the store, but little did I know that I wouldn't check out until 6:45 even after moving to the "faster" line.


By the time I walked out I was fully expecting it to be bright and sunny but nope the sun was still breaking through. However, when i got home with all my goodies, including a few christmas gifts I added up the actual price of them and discovered that they were all worth around 495 dollars. I was shocked, I would never be able to spend that much on clothes at one time normally. But, don't worry my friends because I only spent 187 and that includes the $19 dollars of tax. So despite my busy long morning it was ALL WORTH IT because I'm one for a bargain and saving $308 totally makes my day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I have never shopped on Black Friday but it sounds like you made it worth it!