Becca Thompson is a woman that I look up to. Her and her husband Brad stepped up at the church when I was in high school and decided to take an active part in the youth groups and our lives. They both are such special people to me and my whole family. Well, just last week I found out that Becca hadn't been feeling well and finally went to the hospital. After many tests they thought she may have adult acute leukemia and did another test that they got the results back from on Tuesday. On Thursday they were admitted into Stanford Medical Center with the almost 100% sure diagnosis of Adult Lymphoblastic Leukemia. From everything I've heard and have read from others including her own online journal, she is being so strong through this. She is drawing comfort and peace from God and is a great testament to those around her. I don't think I could be half as courageous as her if I was in the same situation and my heart breaks for all that she is going through as well as her family. So please pray for her to be responsive to her treatment and to make a 100% recovery. She is only 33 years old and they have three children under the age of 9 so please pray also that the children find comfort in this process as well.
If you want to keep track of her progress, or just sign her guestbook to let her know you're praying for her (which she would greatly appreciate) you can go to her caring bridge website at
http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewHome.doThis is a picture taken 3 years ago of the youth and a few of us back from college. Becca is standing in the back in the blue sweater next to her husband Brad.
No comments:
Post a Comment