Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dayschool Halloween Party

Sorry for the lack of posting, but we really haven't had anything interesting going on to post about. Today was our halloween party at dayschool and we started off with going trick-or-treating to all the classrooms so they could show off their costumes, and get some goodies. That went really well although it was very chaotic with so many kids walking the hallways and us trying to herd the super excited kids. Then our day continued as usual with the promise of a party if they were really good once they woke up for nap. We went down for early naps so we could wake up at 1:30 for our party and that went better then I expected.

Our party was fun and I had 4 moms come into to help which was great of them! We had two stations, cupcake decorating, and making a spider. Once they were done with those we ate some yummy food which I was determined to make healthy because I really didn't want to completely sugar up these little 2 year olds who I feel are way too little for tons of junk. So in the morning I let them have one piece of candy after we trick-or-treated, then at the party the only junk we had were the cupcakes and then I had the moms bring in fruit and veggies and crackers to snack on. We made a big mess and it was a little crazy, but it was lots of fun!!



One of the little girls didn't dress up, then a clown, pebbles, a pirate, a bee, a princess, Steve (from blues clues) and a dragon (he doesn' t have the head part on but it was cute).
My kiddos trick-or-treating

I'm passing out candy


Carter herding along some kids



A mom helping with the spiders

Look at that spread!!

No comments: