Saturday, January 9, 2010

Long Overdue: Visit to my sister in Malibu



So back in the beginning of November I got to go visit my sister in Malibu. I was so excited because I haven't been to see her at school (Pepperdine) since she's gone there (and she's a senior). It was great to get to see her cute house and meet her roomates as well as a lot of her friends. She took me to do all the touristy stuff and she didn't mind a bit since it is all stuff that she never does herself since she lives there.

One of the first things we did was she took me to one of the private beaches where they tend to film movies at and we of course took a picture.


We also went to a nicer place for breakfast one morning and the Malibu Country Market and waited around with our coffees FOREVER to possibly catch a glimpse of somebody famous and to my disapointment we didn't see anybody = (

We also went down to the Hollywood walk of fame and took a look at all the stars and handprints at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. I don't want to dissapoint anybody, and although I've been there once before it still does disspoint me, but it is VERY dirty and creepy down there. We also ate at Hooters all by ourselves which was pretty funny to us.



Then we also made a trip to Rodeo drive to dream about all the stores and very very expensive clothes in all the stores. There was every big name store there and had us singing "Dolce and Gabonna, Fendi and Nadonna" and of Course we had to stop and take a look inside Tiffany & co.  We also got cupcakes from this favorite famous place called "Sprinkles" and it was delicious!!!!!



We also went down to the Santa Monica Pier and ate at Bubba Gumps and went shopping down at the promenade there. It was fun because just the other day they showed a clip of the Pier and I was like "I'VE BEEN THERE!!!"



My sister of course, also gave me a tour of her campus and we took a picture on these steps where we have a picture from many moons ago when we were little at the Pepperdine bible lectures.


Also, what is a trip to southern California without stopping at Disneyland? Well not to worry because we went there on my last day with my sister. Hillary also came with us who is a freshman at Pepperdine and grew us with us at our home church in Yuba City. While at Disneyland we participated in a pepperdine Alumni scavenger hunt which tested our knowledge of Disney and although we didn't win added a twist to the Disney experience.

Eating some Dole Whip (pineapple yumminess) before the tiki room.


The Matterhorn

It's a small world!

Everybody who participated in the scavenger hunt.


Bug's life 4-D experience




This ride was so intense. Enlarge the picture and just check out our expressions!!


The fireworks were cancelled so they made it snow on main street. Everybody got soooo excited!!


The tower of terror, I was petrified!! But the ride was incredible.


This trip was great and my sister was a fantastic tour guide!! I loved getting to spend some quality time with her and I am so proud of the young lady she has become!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Approvingly your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats incorrect to you enter, intention look ahead for more related articles without delay as its united of my pet topic to read.