Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Wonderful

Carter's brother Clayton came up this weekend which was perfect timing since it was a warm perfectly sunny weekend which has been a rare sight so far. The boys went to Eugene to meet up with their dad at a knife show so I decided that I would head to the beach for my 2nd time since being here for a little relaxation. Although it was windy it was nice bundling up in my sweater and laying on my towel while reading my book and just being lazy. Then I decided to venture for a little walk on the water and boy is it cold!! On sunday Carter preached at church and did a FANTASTIC job (I'm so proud of him!) and then we took Clay to lunch at the Kozy Kitchen (our equivelant of Denny's) and then we decided that instead of sitting on the couch staring at the tv until Clay left we would go to the beach. It was a perfect day there! No wind at all and it was warm and despite Carter's complaining I think he had a good time! They spent a while making a castle and then trying to keep the water from demolishing it which is much easier said then done. In all it was a good time and the fresh air and sunshine did us good I'm sure!
























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading about your weekend and looking at your pictures. The next time you are going to be in the Eugene area, give me a call and I will give you my sister's phone#. You could have gone with Carter and visited with them if they happened to be home.
Love you, Mema