Monday, August 18, 2008

R is for Rainier

Sunday afternoon we took the youth up to Mount Rainier where we hiked up a little bit and had our afternoon worship service. Then we had about 1 1/2 hours to hike around as we pleased, but I'm so out of shape I just went to Paradise inn and looked around in the gift shop with some of the kids who didn't want to hike either. Carter though took off with some of the kids and were having such a good time that they showed up 30 minutes later then they were supposed to...okay maybe they weren't having a good time, apparently some kids went along who shouldn't have because they were struggling to keep up and were slowing everybody down. I'm sorry I don't have any real pictures but the one time I forgot my camera was the time I wished I had it the most. The views were gourgeous and it smelt wonderful up there in the wild!!

No comments: